Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My sisters State Flower Quilt From Home


When we left home we were all to get quilts from home. My sisters was not yet done when our mother passed away. So, my older sister took the top and marked it all for quilting. The year I had Martha's name for Christmas I told Sovilla to give me the top that I would quilt it for Martha's Christmas present from me.
SO, YES ---I gave her, her own quilt back for a Christmas present, only this time time it was totally quilted. She was so happy to get it that I believe she cried when she got it.
I know the States portion of this quilt don't show up very well on this picture, but please note what my older sister chose to put on the yellow filler blocks. I,needless to say was thinking it was way too much quilting.The center of this spider web was very hard to quilt with all those lines meeting. But, it did turn our very lovely. The spider web pattern don't know if I will do another like it soon, but the finished product was great.

I had well over 100 hours of quilting on this quilt. Martha said she didn't care that I didn't go out and buy her anything for Christmas that year. She treasured her quilt very much. After all, it contained portions of what our mother had done (she had sewen the State Flower blocks)and both of her sisters had a hand it getting it done.

No comments: