Saturday, November 15, 2008

A gag gift

One auction we had at the church did not sell all of the doilies that I had made. As Michelle pitched the unsold doily back at me the two ladies across the table were giggling terribly. So, when ask what they were giggling about they finally told us. One of them (and they wouldn't say which one) said: "If that would have been a thong it would have sold".

The auction is one we do every year to raise money for the Mother/Daughter Banquet. Later, I told Michelle "Well, perhaps I should have made a thong." And the seed was planted. Both of these ladies are not small ladies, they are bigger than I am. All Michelle and I could think of is the the song about having a itty bitty poka dot bikini. So the dare was one...Could I actually make a thong?

Here are the results I made one in red and one in yellow. (No,I did not put poka dots on it). Not knowing how I would make it so it would be adjustable (elastic was definitely out). I made them tie strings to tie on the sides.









Both of these ladies attend our Carlos Group on the 3rd and 5th Tuesday of each month. So, one Carlos night I presented them with their package.... On the front of the package I told them, after all new products always had to be tested. For comfort, size, dependability, etc.
Both ladies were very good sports. One even went to the rest room and pretended she put it on.

We all had a good laugh that night. Only one remembered what was said the night the auction ended. So I'm sure she was the one who made the initial comment.
She's still a very good friend of mine. I'm glad I didn't hurt either one of their feelings by doing this gag gift for them.

I half expected them to show up at a later date. But to this day they have not surfaced again.

No comments: