Saturday, November 15, 2008

Baskets



This is the first basket I made. Our Friendship Company at church ask a friend of mine to show us and help us make a basket. This is the result of my evening there at the church.




After making a basket you always sign it somewhere. Believe this is the one I gave away to Reese.


The finished products.


No, I do not intend to make more baskets, If I want additional ones, all I have to do is ask Radine to make me one and pay her for it. Hers look a lot nicer then mine. She has done tons of them, and has lots of supplies. I don't have room to store reed too.

2 comments:

Dale Beachy said...

Aunt Verna,
I have been reading online about basketmaking when I saw your post. How much does it cost to make a basket? I have been thinking about learning how so I can make some storage baskets for my kid's room.
Dale

Verna said...

Depends how much reed you have to buy, if you want colored reed, etc. Radine charged us about 10 -15 dollars for the small baskets that we made. We paid her for her merchandise and she did it at cost. It was fun, but also a lot of work.