Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Plastic canvas dolls/vs paper dolls























Little nuddy girl, just wearing shoes, and yes they are all one piece the face, hair and undies are part of the one piece, the shoes were slip ons, they have elastic around the back to hold them to her legs.


All decked out.


When Kim was around 3 or 4 she always wanted paper dolls to play with. But she'd always tear them so quickly because they were flimsy paper. So for Christmas I found these plastic canvas doll patterns, so I made her a set of Plastic canvas dolls with clothes and accessories to play with. I had so much fun that year. I actually sat in the living room of a evening working on them and she was right there with me and still didn't know what I was doing. She had a lot of fun with her plastic canvas paper dolls.
I had a lot of fun doing this project and she played with them for hours.
Yes, I still have them. Haven't sent them home with her yet, was afraid she'd have to store her in the attic and the plastic canvas would get too hot and melt her.

4 comments:

Sherri said...

Hi Verna,
I really enjoyed looking at all your creations. I like the little sweater set and the pink sweater you made for Kim. How special for her to have that for her children someday! I also like the canvas dolls. I may have to request an african american set for little Tizita sometime soon.
Let me know if you still make them and what the cost would be.

Kim said...

That is a great idea Sherri. A little African American set would be super cute for Tizzy. I have fond memories of playing with them and will eventually be bringing the set home to my house.

Unknown said...

Hi, My mom has made several of these, and currently making this set from an old black and white photo copy of the booklet, I was wondering if you could give me the ISBN on the back, or the publisher? I'd love to get a color copy of it for myself.

Anonymous said...

by any chance would you still have a copy of these patterns [dress up paper dolls in plastic canvas] my daughter would love them but I cant find a pattern any where Thank you in advance my address is ravenheidi@yahoo.ca