Thursday, August 7, 2014

Hats, hats and more hats

And the Lord said "Verna you need to knit hats"
Verna ask. "What? How many?"
The answer seemed very plain. "50 to 100"
My reaction was: "what? Why? Whatever will I do with that many hats?"
About that time I saw a post on facebook........Tosha had posted something...click......."Verna-----Max had cancer he will have to go back for check ups. Send her a note. And find out when he has to go"

So knitting I started knitting. I started knitting around the middle of April. And needless to say was a bit obsessed with it cause she told me he goes back in July. 50-100. Kept ringing thru my head as I knitted.

Then I saw they needed to be in plastic bags. So into one gallon bags they went one by one.
They were not all the same size, but I knew they fit little heads. Up to adult heads.












The one variegated yarn made a star on top of it.






























There were hats with hearts and elephants on them.

Elephants. The symbol of long life....


























One was orange and white. Which I later found out was the color for the kind of cancer that Max had.

I had 65 total hats that I was able to give to Max and his mother Tosha.
They met me at Panara Bread last week.
We took some photos and made silly faces and spent over a hour there talking. And I discover that every year they would take some down when he had his check up but with Tosha having battled cancer too they didn't know what they were going to do this year....then she got my facebook message that I was making hats for St. Judes.....
WOW. We serve an awesome GOD! He had a plan.

























Well tonight Tosha posted on facebook, they will be giving the hats out tomarrow. I am going to share her photos here too.






























































































































































Max chose the orange and white one. He is such a sweetie! This is the one with the colors of the cancer he had.






If she shares more photos I will do an additional post.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


No comments: